if boiler pump on the way put how long would boiler run for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys thanks for help on previous post.

Problem now is the boiler fires up and runs for anything upto 1 hour then switches off . Pilot stiil alight and pressure 1.5 bar.

If i turn ch switch off, turn tap on then off, flick boiler switch it fires up and will run for 30 mins or so some times less ,or leave boiler switch on and turn tap on then off the ch will keep running for 30 odd mins.

Someone has surgested it could be the pump, i have taken the black cap of and turned the screw anti clock wise and this moves quite freely, then push nut back and turn clock wise then switch ch on, the nut does not appear to turn and pump gets quite hot. My question being is the pump on the way out or should i be looking else where ?

Boiler pottertn puma 80 to date have changed microwswitch, psv . and diverter valve, when isay changed diverter valve i did not change the whole housing as could not undo houseing retaning nut at back of boiler so just changed the front end.

Thanks for any help
Chris

Sponsored Links
is boiler going to lockout and is the boiler coming on when u have not selected heating or hotwater

Nath

Maybe it would be an idea to admit defeat, find yourself a good pro, and let him sort the whole system out, after which it should be a matter of an annual service.
There is more to boiler mending than just changing parts until you happen to get it working for a while.

Hi bengasman said
"Maybe it would be an idea to admit defeat, find yourself a good pro"

Hi mate if a plumber said to me i know excatly whats wrong with your boiler cost £100 to do the job and will be finshed same day i take it like a shot.

The trouble is it all seems to be it could be this it could be that. And you know hes not going to have the parts so if your lucky you may see him the next day you might not.

I have had some good advice on this fourm some from yourself to get the boiler nearly there, all parts so far been to do with the water side and basic bolt on (if gas would'nt touch it) .

I have sought advice from my local plumb shop and thier advice get a new boiler, cost about £1000 so far spent £130 and im sure cant be far away as every thing seems to work but just not insinc ie hw works all the time ch nearly there.
So thanks for advice mate but going to keep at it with a little more help from you guys on here.

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi bellairaphon

is boiler going to lockout and is the boiler coming on when u have not selected heating or hotwater

No ch goes off pilot still there, no boiler sits and waits for hw or ch.

Thanks for response

Hi mate if a plumber said to me i know excatly whats wrong with your boiler cost £100 to do the job and will be finshed same day i take it like a shot.

It might take more than a ton to do the job.

I have had some good advice on this fourm some from yourself to get the boiler nearly there, all parts so far been to do with the water side and basic bolt on (if gas would'nt touch it) .

I have a feeling that the system is suffering from corrosion, pumas are quite sensitive to that.

I have sought advice from my local plumb shop ...

Most guys in plumbers merchants don't know squat, that is why they work in a shop for £7 an hour. If they did know what they were on about, they would easily earn twice that as a plumber.

Ok guys gone a bit of track here.

Answer on original question about pump please.
cheers
Chris

what has made you decide the pump is the likely cause?

I think you need to get the multimeter out and start checking the room stat, cylinder stat, programmer and MV.

In fact just about anything other than the pump.

Hi bengasman said
"Maybe it would be an idea to admit defeat, find yourself a good pro"

Hi mate if a ***plumber*** said to me i know excatly whats wrong with your boiler cost £100 to do the job and will be finshed same day i take it like a shot.

The trouble is it all seems to be it could be this it could be that. And you know hes not going to have the parts so if your lucky you may see him the next day you might not.

I have sought advice from my local plumb shop and thier advice get a new boiler, cost about £1000 so far spent £130 and im sure cant be far away as every thing seems to work but just not insinc ie hw works all the time ch nearly there.
So thanks for advice mate but going to keep at it with a little more help from you guys on here.

Cheers
Chris
Don`t confuse a plumber with a Registered Gas Fitter. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back