If it's not an sv01967 flush valve seal then what is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The flush valve doesn't seem to be sealing on the flush valve in the pictures. There's no writing on it other than 'fastpart'. I think/thought it was EV98167 which I gather would mean SV01967 seals but they seem to be too big, even the original smaller one barely fits into the recess in the basket. What am I doing wrong here please?

20230731_180534.jpg
20230801_182641.jpg
20230801_182541.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've replaced quite a few of these and they do seem to end up with a slightly smaller diameter after a few years.
I've never had any problem getting to clip back into the cistern. I think the seal is supposed to sit on its seating in the basket, not fit inside it.

Last edited:
Hmm you'd have thought they sit inside the nicely rounded and smoothed bit of the cage. There is no problem putting it all back together. It just leaks a lot. I have tried two brands of seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back