Toilet Flush Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a quick question. About a year ago we had a new bathroom installed. We've always had trouble with the toilet flush though and had the installers back a few times. But they are getting as fed up with us calling them as I am with the toilet and not giving us the service we should have.

The cistern is a hidden one with a manual dual flush push button (the type that lifts an arm on the flush valve). Anyway the cycle is that for a few weeks the valve doesn't seal properly into the flush pipe and then suddenly won't seal at all. The problem seems to be with the flush valve rubber seal that first becomes slightly dislodged and then completely detached at which point it disappears down the flush pipe. There are now three down there!!

I want to fix this long term so my options seem to be to buy a bulk bag of seals or to replace the flush valve with a similar one. For the first option, I am not sure of the make. I have added a couple of pics.. Does anyone know what make / type this is?

Second option involves buying a replacement flush valve from somewhere like http://toiletspares.co.uk/ (as I assume there may be an issue with the valve that causes the seal to keep coming off). I see they have a range of similar (mechanical) types but I am unsure if there is a standard fitting size that allows them to be used in the cistern I have with the existing dual push button or if I have to buy a direct replacement.

A few other pics below for reference..

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0773.jpg
    IMAG0773.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0777.jpg
    IMAG0777.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0778.jpg
    IMAG0778.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back