Ideal Standard Dual Flush Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my Ideal Standard Dual Flush Valve, at first I thought it was the button, rather than the valve. The problem is, when I press the small button (presumably for a short Flush?), the button stayed down and the Bit of plastic that has the teeth on it fell out. I have 3 toilets all with the same parts, so, I took off the complete lid from one of the other Cisterns and that did the same, so it's not the actual button mechanism, I had a look at the Dual flush Valve and the one that is causing a problem is facing a different way around to the other 2, so is that the problem? I did empty the cistern and remove the top part of the Dual flush valve, so see if I could put it on the other way around, but I can't, I'm wondering if it was put in wrong in the first place, as the house is only 4 years old. I think the dual flush valve that i have is either the SV89067 Dual Flush Valve, Product ID : ts212 or the SV92667 Dual Flush Valve, Product ID : ts243, info taken from http://toiletspares.co.uk/ideal_standard_37.html. Can I have your thought please. Is it possible to rotate the bottom half?http://toiletspares.co.uk/ideal_standard_37.html. Can I have your thought please, Is it possible to rotate the bottom of the valve?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
The buttons can be fitted either way around. So as long as the appropriate rods hit the right part of the flush valve there should be no problem. So turn the button assembly around if you have to!

The bottom half of a flush valve can only be turned around by removing the cistern

The top halves are usually OK to remove and refit in a different position but I can't say if that always applies.

http://toiletspares.co.uk/ideal_standard_37.html (Spot the difference ;) )

Both units are held together by 4 lugs so a 180° turn should be OK, so long as it doesn't foul the inlet valve's operation.

Mine has only got 2 lungs, I did try to turn it around, but couldn't, let me see if I can take some pictures

Sponsored Links
The buttons can be fitted either way around. So as long as the appropriate rods hit the right part of the flush valve there should be no problem. So turn the button assembly around if you have to!

The bottom half of a flush valve can only be turned around by removing the cistern

The top halves are usually OK to remove and refit in a different position but I can't say if that always applies.

Yeah, I did think about that, it means that the writing would be at the back. Ror the time being I have removed to rod from the small button to stop it catching and falling off. I was wondering if it was possible and if so easy to remove the small button to see why its happening?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back