If you could start again with cordless...

I’ve had an 18v DeWalt drill for about 5 years and it’s been fine. 1.5ah batteries still going strong but only the other day I treated myself to a DeWalt 355 18v multi-tool kit complete with 2 x 18v 2.0ah batteries and charger as I can use them if the drill ones pack up. Only used the sander attachment to strip a garden bench so far but was very impressed with it. I’m looking to possibly buy one of their 1/2” impact wrenches for work - supposed to have 950Nm of torque. Anyone used one of these?

https://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DCF899P2/

553A2D2B-A68E-473D-877F-2DD2AE964F9A.jpeg

Sponsored Links
One of the steel fixers on our job uses a Milwaukee MH18FWIF12 (and yes I did have to look that model number up - all I could remember was that it was about 1800Nm msximum impact strength, in fact it is 1898Nm in mode 4). It is ruddy heavy and so I personally wouldn't want to.use one. What on earth do you want one for? Maintaining HGVs or tractors?

Metabo and Mafell share battery technology and battery fittings and are part of CAS (the Cordless Alliance System) which also includes Eibenstock, Starmix, Steinel, Rothenberger, etc.

Sounds good, but unfortunately not as broad a range as I'd like. Hopefully other (competing) manufacturers will join I due course

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back