Ignis adl350 no hot water and not finishing cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ignis ADL350 dishwasher that has only been used for around 10 months but due to storage is out of warranty, it developed 2 faults, one was that it was very noisy when I think the pump was working and then it stopped drawing the waste water. I opened up the dishwasher and checked over everything making sure wires were not loose and nothing broken and also cleaning out the pump which this seemed to solve the problem. Then it developed another problem that it started the cycle but then no hot water so got 3 continuous flashes on the display so I am guessing the heating element is broken but then I remembered that when I stripped down the mains cable where this enters into the dishwasher I marked up where the live, neutral and earth wires go and noticed that the live and the neutral we're fitted the wrong way round which was done on production of the dishwasher. When I reassembled the wires I installed in the correct positions not as the were previously. Could anyone tell me if this could stop the element from working?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back