Ikea Atlant Waste washing machine outlet hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright,

Just got a new washing machine and the outlet hose end is the same size as the connector on the waste (crapping Ikea Atlant), silly question but what would be best connector to get, I guess the hose and fitting are approx 22mm

Sponsored Links
Is it not rubberised, IE won't it stretch over?

Well it doesn't stretch over, even with a dab of washing up liquid and manipulation.

I probably need something that my 22mm hole can fit on to and at the other end is rubber that can fit over the waste connector, which inside is about 22mm but outside nearly 25mm in diameter.

Obviously my previous washing machine outlet hose connector fitted well and then jubilee clip over the top for extra tightness.

I'll had a look on t'internet

From my (limited) experience with Ikea sinks, their wastes dont fit anything of UK standard anyway. I chucked away the waste provided, and got a McAlpine waste to fit the hole in the sink, then fitted a standard 40mm trap and waste pipe.

If you can locate a suitable waste, then any 40mm trap will fit, hopefully your W/M outlet hose will then fit. If not then fit a standpipe and hook the hose into that. (Should be a 'U' shape former supplied to bend the hose as necessary to secure it into the standpipe.)

Sponsored Links
Was the waste hose connector cut down to fit the hose of the old machine?

Most hose connectors are supplied with 'stepped' ends to match different diameter hoses.
48625_P

The unwanted small diameter sections get cut off when a large hose is fitted.

Some replacement hose connectors are available, but it may be easier to get a new trap, and use just the hose connector from that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back