Novice...Ikea Atlant waste kit & washing machine drain h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've connected up my new Ikea sink & the Atlant waste kit.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40215522/

However, I've taken delivery of a washing machine today, and tested it this evening. As the machine started to pump out the water, the water began to leak out over the waste. The drain hose is connected to the waste with a jubilee clip (I've slipped the hose OVER the waste), which I suspect is the problem - the pressure of the water is too much.

So - what's the solution to this? With the Atlant waste, the drain hose waste is "created" by cutting the cap-end off the waste, but the hose is too large to fit "inside" the waste (unless I'm missing something)...

Sorry if I've not explained myself too well...

[/img]

Sponsored Links
That's right...the hose from the washing machine is slipped over the Atlant kit, and secured with a jubilee clip.

I wondered if the hose from the machine should be fitted "inside" the Atlant kit somehow...

No it slips over the top as you have done, The w/m waste should have about a 2" rubber end that pushes over and the jubilee clip go's around.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm...thanks for that, seco...

Wonder why it's leaking, then...clip too tight, not tight enough, or not positioned correctly, perhaps...?

Could be any without seeing the job.
Is the w/m rubber end on hose nice and tight before clip is used ?

Personally i'm not in favour of them cheap crappy waste i always change them and use a good old mcalpine trap kit, they never fail and sraight foreward to fit.

I'll give it the once over tomorrow evening, and will report back! Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back