IKEA Godmorgon & Wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an ikea Godmorgon bathroom unit but I would like to use a counter top basin from somewhere else. I understand ikea have a bespoke waste system due to having full size top draws.

Is it possible to mix the two?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as the waste is the right diameter and fits the basin you're putting in. Looking at the setup, it's all squashed pipe and flexi's but really need dimensions. chances are it'll be ok but check the pipe sizes too as they can sometime be non standard. Pop into IKEA and see if they can let you have a look at the waste pipe setup and get some measurements.

Other point is that the unit they use are basin tops, not counter tops so you would need to get a matching top piece for the cabinet for the counter top basin to sit on.

Thanks, didn't realise anyone had replied.
It turns out ikea don't sell the waste pipes separately, only with the basins so it looks like it will have to be a diy job.

It is a squashed pipe which goes right angle from the basis hole, to the rear of the unit where they have the u bend and then out the back. I assume this can be recreated with standard plumbing parts?

Sponsored Links
Can't say I've seen that type of waste fitting before in my travels, but never say never these days. Seems like they have something new every day. Not so standard bits though so you may struggle, need to get creative. That flat connector will be the hard one to get I'd reckon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back