Bathroom cabinets side by side?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install mirrored bathroom cabinets, and due to needing around 2.3m width of wall to cover, struggling to find any single mirrored cabinet to buy that wide.

So looking to maybe get a few units of one, and just hang them side by side. Problem is, will the doors get in the way of each other opening? And if some door fittings are OK and others are not for this type of side-by-side hanging, how do I check before I buy?

For example, interested in this GODMORGON one from IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...gon-mirror-cabinet-with-2-doors-art-10218999/

Many thanks for your help in advance answering this question - I'm sure its basic for some, but for me (a beginner!) its been perplexing me for the past hour.

Sponsored Links
Most will be ok, it all depends on the type of hinge fitted to the doors.
That Ikea one and plenty of others have hinges which allow the door to open within it's own space, so it won't collide with anything placed next to the cabinet such as another cabinet.

hinge.png

Hinges of that style are ok. Same type as used on kitchen cupboards.

If the doors interfere then a slim chrome tile trim between the cup'd will give extra space required.

Sponsored Links
I bought a couple of cupboards from MFI (!)
they were single "shaker" style where there was basically a frame around a recessed panel for a door.
They could be used either way up, so making a pair with the doors meeting in the centre.
( or you could possibly have butterfly'd them)

I got mirror cut to fit the recess.
The doors were basically exactly the same size as the external dimensions of the cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back