IKEA LAGAN Dishwasher not heating but thermostat tests ok.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a IKEA LAGAN Dishwasher that is not heating the water but thermostat tests ok with my multimeter.

I have search hi and low on the internet to try and find some schematics to see what to test next but haven't found anything.

Has anyone had the same problem with this machine?
Any help would be fantastic.

Daz

Sponsored Links
forgot to say above that the cycle runs to the end but it has stopped getting hot.

Post the model details on the door sticker.

There are lots of numbers on that sticker:
Mod.LAGAN DW60
Prod.No 911D52-OL
SerNo 92569038

and 0925 in a box

Thanks
Daz

Sponsored Links
Those numbers don't make much sense, I think the 911D52 number is possibly wrong. This machine (I think) is made by Electrolux exclusively for Ikea. If you already checked the NTC then measure the heater element resistance (should be around 28 - 30Ω). If that is ok check for a broken wire/bad connection in the heater circuit. If that checks out then you need a new pcb.

Those numbers don't make much sense, I think the 911D52 number is possibly wrong. This machine (I think) is made by Electrolux exclusively for Ikea. If you already checked the NTC then measure the heater element resistance (should be around 28 - 30Ω). If that is ok check for a broken wire/bad connection in the heater circuit. If that checks out then you need a new pcb.

sorry I just rechecked and you are correct I have miss typed the sticker.

Mod.LAGAN DW60
Prod.No 911 529 070
Typ:911D52-OL
SerNo 92569038

and 0925 in a box

It happens....the advice is still valid.

Thanks for the info.

I just re read my first post and I should have said that I have tested the heater element resistance and it reads ok (not the thermostat as I posted, I am not sure why I wrote that it must have been a stressful day).

I was looking for the thermostat but I still can't find where it is located. I did have the pcb out and can't see any obvious signs of damage. This model is Ikea's cheapest dishwasher and I can't justify getting someone out to look at it if its going to be close to the cost of a new one by the time the fault has been found and fixed. I guess I will have to get some rubber gloves for now.

Daz

The NTC is mounted in the sump, it looks like this http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw.../15/0/0/567728/dishwasher-temperature-se.html They don't fail that often but it only costs £20 anyway. Check the wiring at the door pivot point for any breaks (door has to come off to do this). There is no stand-alone thermostat as such however the element may have an integrated stat. If you read 25 - 30Ω there is nothing wrong with the element. If everything else checks out then the heater relay on the pcb is likely goosed (new pcb unless you can identify & replace the relay).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back