Lagan dishwasher no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my dishwasher running on to the end but no hot water/steam.
Lagan from IKEA
Mine is 911539147 04
Type GHE624DA2
SER NO 70885276
this was replaced by IKEA as last machine stopped and wouldn't empty.
There's no warranty on this one.
I'm happy to have a go but not great with multimeter readings, if there's a YouTube link for dummies you know of or if DAZ found the problem with his posted years ago, can anyone help???.
Regards Pico

Sponsored Links
No warranty because this replaced the one before that was faulty but I reported just outside of that warranty.

Sponsored Links
I know it's a little bit late, but it's good to leave solutions to others reading at later dates

I have the exact same dishwasher and it was also failing to heat up and dry properly. Figured it would be either the heater or the temperature sensor, so I ended up ordering both as sods law would suggest it would be the opposite of what I thought it would be. The Ikea dishwashers are just rebranded Electrolux products, and surprisingly I found going direct to Electrolux to be the most useful and simplest way of ordering. The other 'spares' websites obviously pull the draw straight from here. The link for this dishwasher is:

https://shop.electrolux.co.uk/search?q=:relevance:pnc:91153914704

But you can also browse the other Ikea/Lagan models here too. Drawings are simple to follow, and if you look under the 'Electrical Equipment' parts diagram you will see that the heater is part 10 and the temperature sensor is part 48. As I say, I ordered both to keep things simple and they do accept returns if required. Oh, and next day delivery too.

Stripped the dishwasher the following evening. A little tricky to reach the heater and determined the best way was to remove both sides and the bottom. Using a multimeter I could tell that the heater element was bad as meter was reading OL. Should be around 30 ohms for this washer.

Changed the heater (a little bit fiddly) and switched on with covers still removed to check for leaks. Put it on a 70c wash to check it heated up and initially thought my efforts were in vain as the water remained cool. However, I then realised the washer conducts a cool pre-wash first, so after some cursing and blinding, and, more importantly, some patience, it got red hot just as it should do.

I hope this helps others who are lurking for similar info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back