Ikea Whirlpool Dishwasher DWF B10 Flashing Start Button

Sleepyhead,
What can I say? I had tried a search previously (honest) but couldn't find anything. I think I was searching on "Error Codes" or something.
Anyway, I tried again and found the solution, as you'd implied.
Turned out that the hose was blocked with junk near the outlet to the sink waste. I cleaned that out and "Hey Presto!", the machine now works.
Thanks very much once again.

One other thing, can I attend when you receive a well deserved Knighthood both for your knowledge and a willingness to share it with others?

Sponsored Links
following my dishwasher a DWH B00 flashing 11 times - i followed the discussion and yes - turned the thing on its back,not sure if i found the diverter valve as i cant find anything behind a plate - so rather than mess it up even more I put the base back on the machine and turned it upright. Lo and behold it now seems to work. It sounds like the valve must have been stuck and even the act of turning the machine on its back and upright has cleared it.

Many thanks to you all for saving my bacon as there are not many dishwasher repair men in our little bit of rural france. :D

Hi from France, I have a DWF B00 from Ikea and had the same problem. The cycles kept getting shorter and shorter before having an error.

I followed the instructions from this thread (thank you Sleepyhead and rdb).

I'll offer a my more detailed account.

• - I put the dishwasher on its back.
    - Removed the front metal panel, then the bottom metal panel.
    - If the dishwasher is lying on it's back on the right hand side of the bowl there is a round approximately 3cm wide white plastic valve with an electrical wire connection coming out of it.
    - Disconnect the wire.
    - Had to turn the valve clockwise a quarter turn to remove and hold down a latch. Had to turn it quite hard.
    - Couldn't get the valve out because a black hose was blocking it so I removed the hose.
    - Had to pry off carefully a black cover to the valve. This black cover is what is exposed and can be seen inside the dishwasher at the bottom of the bowl.
    - It was clogged up with white gunk.
    - Cleaned the round rubber membrane which keeps the water out of the switch.
    - on the inside of the rubber membrane there was some sticky grease. I think this was to seal the membrane. Now that I think about it I should have spread it around the membrane when I put it back.
    - put the valve back together
    - connected the electrical connection.
    - put back the metal panels
And now the machine works again and we cancelled the repairman who was coming to fix it.
Total time was about 30 - 45 minutes.

[/list]

;)
Just wanted to say thank you for your inadvertent help, got my dishwasher going thanks to Sleepyhead, read a response to the same problem or a inoperative dishwasher and now I am listening to the beautiful sound of it working....my hands are saved....thanks a million..!! :D

May I add, it was simple and following the instructions from sleepyhead, all I did was lay the machine on its front, undid the bottom cover, unclipped the white disk via its clip and twisted the valve anticlockwise while holding the release clip at back, simple, popped off and out came the offending fruit stake, put valve back on, clipped white disk in place, returned the cover then replace the machine in an upright position....hope this helps someone else save on maintenance charges.. total time, 30mins!!

Sponsored Links
thanks to Sleepyhead whose post year after year is helping so many of us with this issue.

I just want to add some remarks.
First of all the little screws that close the bottom panel were T15 (torx 15) in my case: you need to have the right anti-DIY tool ;)
My experience is that this valve (that I would define as a sensor), after being removed following the instructions above, can be safely disassembled with the use of a sharp blade in the middle junction, opening it up for a complete cleanup. The membrane can be gently separated from the grid (be careful not to puncture it) and the grid itself can be heavily brushed pouring hot water and dish soap. After reassembly it will seem (and actually work as being) brand new.

thanks again

hello again. apparently there are lots of ikea whirlpool dishwashers with the same problem.
i am a total noob on this kind of stuff so...would it be a lot to ask for some photos on how this valve looks like or where is it located? Unfortunately the dishwasher is fixed "in" the kitchen so i can't take it out. The only place i have access to is the inside of the washer and have cleaned everything i could find there already but it keeps blinking 11 times every time i try to make it work.

thanks in advance

Hello everybody,
I had the same 11 flashes problem with my ikea dishwasher.
After some hours of hard work :) looking for the fantomatic valve it took about 5 minutes to complete the cleaning up and then my wife was able again to cook!

In my opinion this valve is probably a pressure sensor able to understand the presence of water in the very bottom of the frame. It was stuck with some residual stuff of food.

So here follow my humble suggestions to remove the sensor:
It is black and round (not white in my case), about 4 cm wide.
If you want to remove it, it is not necessary to disassemble the biggest black rubber pipe, it is possible to stretch the big pipe by hand a couple of cm and in the same time pool out the sensor.
I cleaned the black grid by strong water and a brush.

It is also possible to see the sensor's grid from the internal side of the dishwasher (in my model...) so I would suggest to try a light cleaning up from the inside before making all the mess.

By the way, in the end my wife was very proud of me! :p

Just so you know, the same thing happened to our DWH B00. We had a kitchen drain blockage and after it was fixed the dishwasher stopped working, beeping and doing eleven flashes on the LED.
I followed the instructions here, cleaning out the white valve assembly as described. Not too difficult to get out, no need to move the hose. Hardest thing was finding the Torq 15, but chinese shops have them here (Spain).
So then what happened, after reassembling the machine, switched it on and whoops, more beeping, but this time with seven flashes on the LED.
Back to the forums, and this time had to disassemble the left hand panel of the machine, remove the wire contact on the white plastic tank there and put it all back together again.
Switched it back on and again, lots of beeping and this time four flashes.
Desperate, went to bed.
The next morning, just on the off chance, switched it on again and it worked! Must have dried out or something like that. Now it's doing it's first post-traumatic wash and sounds fine.
Thanks be to Sleepyhead.

Hi, just wanted to add my thanks to sleepyhead and everyone else!

Just a few notes - this isn't a valve (since it doesn't change or stop the flow of fluid), it's a pressure sensor that's designed to detect high water pressure in the system, e.g. from blocked or gunged-up pipes. It seems to collect gunk under the black grid on the outside of the sensor, which slowly pushes the membrane down until eventually it's permanently pushed back against the switch which therefore stops it running. It may be that using a drain unblocker instead might work - pour it into the bottom of the dishwasher and leave it overnight and this might be enough to stave it off. That said I haven't tried it so this is on your own risk! If you do try the drain cleaner stuff (e.g. Mr Muscle) then make sure that afterwards, you do a full maximum temperature wash before you put any dishes in to do a real wash! I don't want to poison anyone ;)

Be very careful taking the sensor apart to clean it and don't wash the base part that has the switch in.

Thanks again to everyone!

Cheers
Richard

Hi from France, I have a DWF B00 from Ikea and had the same problem. The cycles kept getting shorter and shorter before having an error.

I followed the instructions from this thread (thank you Sleepyhead and rdb).

I'll offer a my more detailed account.

• - I put the dishwasher on its back.
    - Removed the front metal panel, then the bottom metal panel.
    - If the dishwasher is lying on it's back on the right hand side of the bowl there is a round approximately 3cm wide white plastic valve with an electrical wire connection coming out of it.
    - Disconnect the wire.
    - Had to turn the valve clockwise a quarter turn to remove and hold down a latch. Had to turn it quite hard.
    - Couldn't get the valve out because a black hose was blocking it so I removed the hose.
    - Had to pry off carefully a black cover to the valve. This black cover is what is exposed and can be seen inside the dishwasher at the bottom of the bowl.
    - It was clogged up with white gunk.
    - Cleaned the round rubber membrane which keeps the water out of the switch.
    - on the inside of the rubber membrane there was some sticky grease. I think this was to seal the membrane. Now that I think about it I should have spread it around the membrane when I put it back.
    - put the valve back together
    - connected the electrical connection.
    - put back the metal panels
And now the machine works again and we cancelled the repairman who was coming to fix it.
Total time was about 30 - 45 minutes.

[/list]

just want to say huge thanks. This is how the internet should work.

i have a dwh b10 when i start a cleaning cycle it fills with cold water as normal, the soap door opens but then after about 10 mins it reverts to rinse mode, stops and bleeps and flashes constantly. the water doesn't seem to get hot either any ideas please

:D
All you heroic do-it-yourself family men - THANKS FOR SHARING. My DWFB00 has that same problem. I split the machine into atoms, but wasn´t aware of that black-pressure sensor in the bottom. I´ll try to fix it, and let you know.

ALLRIGHT. The black pressure sensor was the core of the problem.

BUT - the flashing and beeping continued. SO I called Whirlpool service, and a lady told me to cut off power for 30 minutes, and then turn back on. Then hold the "Play/Start" button for 15 seconds - THAT RESETS THE error message system.

And now it works.

Same problem here, seems to be resolved tx to sleepyhead and others. Saw and cleaned the sensor first, but thought it had to be a valve so with great difficulty removed the splitter thing and put it back. Had to remove the sidepanel for that.

Just wanted to add my thanks to you all, especially Sleepyhead. I didn't get my dishwasher from Ikea; mine is a Bauknecht GSFS 6420, but I guess they all share the same basic parts.

I had the same 11-flashes situation, which gradually intensified meaning the cycles would get shorter before the flashes started until finally the cycle would just immediately stop.

I was surprised not to see any photographs of the internals, so I made one myself.

Again, this is a Bauknecht, so YMMV.

I fixed the issue by following the instructions from this thread on removing the water pressure sensor and cleaning the black grid under strong water. I could not remove the grid from the 'lid', but the water and tapping the grid removed all the junk. If you hold the piece with the grid-side up under running water and remove it you can feel the black sensor plate jumping back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back