IKEA

Those stores always remind me of playing 'Follow The Arrows' as a kid.
Was it only me and my friends that played that game because nobody else in my adulthood seems to have done so?

Sponsored Links
Most museum staff are trained to guide and assist the public should an evacuation be needed. ( at least they used to be ). Are IKEA staff trained to that requirment. ?

Of course they are, just as they are in any other responsible public serving company.

Is it National Stupid Week or something?

Sponsored Links
I think its ok for cutlery, plates etc. but a lot of their stuff is really expensive rubbish. Mrs loves it. :rolleyes:

Freddy Maybe they have been trained, but a recent incident strongly suggests that the training in one store was either missing, in-adequate or had been forgotten. Inurance claims by customers have led to an investigation about evacuation procedures in that store. The incident was a power cut leaving the building in darkness. It was not IKEA

Of course they are, just as they are in any other responsible public serving company.

Is it National Stupid Week or something?

I wonder what day they give safety, fire and crowd control training to their Saturday girls and their Christmas Relief temps.

Saturday girls

The "fire training" my daughter was given during her Saturday job ( large retail chain ) was little more than "assemble at the Fire Assembly Point" which was in the back yard and in-accessible if there was a fire in the stock room or rear of the retail area. Not strictly true. One could go out of the front door to the High St and then a half mile walk to get to the road at the back and thus into the yard. One assumed that permanent staff had more training aimed at getting the public out in a safe and orderly manner.

Sponsored Links
Back