Ikon pro lighting in paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some Ikon Pro lighting to add to the edge of our paving - the paving is 2 inches thick and laid on concrete.

The product advertised itself as IP67, so I assumed that was safe enough. Prior to fitting, on reading the instructions, they said to not use with concrete. I'm wondering if that means to not lay and set in wet concrete, or if it means any concrete, even if holes have been cut.

Anyone have any ideas on this? And if there is no way to make those work, an alternative choice?

Mark

Sponsored Links
I bought some Ikon Pro lighting to add to the edge of our paving - the paving is 2 inches thick and laid on concrete.

The product advertised itself as IP67, so I assumed that was safe enough. Prior to fitting, on reading the instructions, they said to not use with concrete. I'm wondering if that means to not lay and set in wet concrete, or if it means any concrete, even if holes have been cut.

Anyone have any ideas on this? And if there is no way to make those work, an alternative choice?

Mark

Aren't they decking lights? I'm think the reason you can't use them on concrete is due to water building up around them, as they're decking lights, air can move around them and water won't pool.

If you want buried uplights, you'll need to buy them for that job as they come in a ground pot

I would honestly rethink the paving lighting. quality ones will set you back perhaps £50 each and even they will probably only last a few years. Buried lighting of any kind is fraught with problems and i have almost never seen it last for an acceptable amount of time when installed.

As mentioned decking lights can survive because they are not buried

I would honestly rethink the paving lighting. quality ones will set you back perhaps £50 each and even they will probably only last a few years. Buried lighting of any kind is fraught with problems and i have almost never seen it last for an acceptable amount of time when installed.

As mentioned decking lights can survive because they are not buried

OP try the wall mounted uplights if thats what you're after. They mount by the floor and give a similar effect.
I was looking at buried uplights but at the price and the pain to install them, I'm shying away from them.

Instead, i'm going to put in decking uplights, and then use some high quality staked border lights for the same effect

Sponsored Links
I rang Poole Lighting, they confirmed that the connections can get wet, but there needs to be ventilation - so only suitable for decking. I returned them and have decided to give it as miss, you said the lighting suitable for concrete gets very expensive, very quickly. We are just putting some fairly light along the walls instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back