I'm having the time of my life before cutting UC for 6m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-dwp-chief-belts-out-25148953

The Tory welfare chief belted out ‘I’ve had the time of my life’ hours before cutting benefits for 5.8million Brits.

Therese Coffey jumped up and down and danced with abandon at a Tory conference karaoke party last night.

The Work and Pensions Secretary sang the uplifting 1987 power ballad, made famous in the film Dirty Dancing, with fellow Tory minister Will Quince.

I wonder if the 6m will join in?

Having the time of my life. :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-dwp-chief-belts-out-25148953

The Tory welfare chief belted out ‘I’ve had the time of my life’ hours before cutting benefits for 5.8million Brits.

Therese Coffey jumped up and down and danced with abandon at a Tory conference karaoke party last night.

The Work and Pensions Secretary sang the uplifting 1987 power ballad, made famous in the film Dirty Dancing, with fellow Tory minister Will Quince.

I wonder if the 6m will join in?

Having the time of my life. :LOL::LOL:

I agree with you. That money should stay. If a family/person are so far up schitcreek that 20 sovs a week matters, no one but no one should take it away. Regardless of rules, laws, politics..... punishing someone in that situation is disgusting.

Sponsored Links
I agree with you. That money should stay. If a family/person are so far up schitcreek that 20 sovs a week matters, no one but no one should take it away. Regardless of rules, laws, politics..... punishing someone in that situation is disgusting.
Its what people voted for.

hours before cutting benefits for 5.8million Brits.

It wasn't a 'cut', it was the ending of a temporary measure, in the same way the furlough scheme has ended. I'd like Rishi to keep giving me grants, he won't though. Such is life.

Didn't hear this when the contracts were handed out to mates or the 50bn in small firm loans of which likely half will not be paid back. HS2?

So much fraud on the back of those deals.. I really hope at least some of it is traced. Sadly a lot of the money went off shore to crooks who created or acquired firms for the very purpose of defrauding the tax payer.

At the same time. 1000s of companies had to shut down and refund clients over night and would have gone to the wall without some help.

So much fraud on the back of those deals.. I really hope at least some of it is traced. Sadly a lot of the money went off shore to crooks who created or acquired firms for the very purpose of defrauding the tax payer.

At the same time. 1000s of companies had to shut down and refund clients over night and would have gone to the wall without some help.

It was rushed and not needed. I thought that's not how the free market works - Government Intervention.

I suspect to stop bad PR a lot of those loans will be quietly written off.

Then there is hundreds of millions at stake in the Greensil collapse.

Rishi handling of this is enough ammunition for his detractors, I doubt he can make a leadership bid.

That £1k will be eaten up in rising energy bills which will rise about £500 plus on average and inflation as those rising costs feed through to higher prices. Inflation is running at 3% plus, so its eaten up about 3/4 of the wage growth rise.

I heard a chap on the radio yesterday, he has to visit his disabled mother everyday to look after her, he has 2 youngish children.

the presenter said what will you do after the £20 cut…..he said “I will have to go without 2 meals a week.”

And the presenter said, what did you eat last night…he said “We had tinned ravioli with extras pasta, at least my daughters did, I had leftovers”

Sponsored Links
Back