I'm not a pessimist but!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en...&resnum=4&ved=0CDUQsQQwAw&fp=59019dc20040f9a0
The middle East peace talks have started. Why do I believe that this lot will want to butcher each other till doomsday.
all of these people, Arabs included, are Semites(litterally descendants of Shem, one of Noah,s sons).
The Semites are responsible for creating the three largest and most violent religions in the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The cultures (religion defines culture) of judaism and Islam will never permit them to see eye to eye. they are steeped in the violence and retribution of the old testament, which dictates that they should eliminate each other in their version of gods name Alah and Jehova.For some insane reason, they both believe that god is on their side, and that they are doing his work. You can not reason with blind faith.
What on earth can be done about this interminal state of affairs, I despair
:idea: I guess we believers in the one and only true prophet Jesus,could take a leaf out of the Old Testament, go over there, kill every male over
the age of seven, then forcibly convert the rest to christianity ;)

Sponsored Links
that`s in the New Testament :rolleyes: ;)
I did know that, being brought up a catholic, with all that that particular dogma entails. But now an agnostic/atheist, getting quite excited about expiring, to find out if if there are any answers to the mystery of life.
I was just giving myself licence to mix the books in an attempt to provoke thought and response. Without much success apparently ;)

Sponsored Links
I did know that, being brought up a catholic, with all that that particular dogma entails. But now an agnostic/atheist, getting quite excited about expiring, to find out if if there are any answers to the mystery of life.
I was just giving myself licence to mix the books in an attempt to provoke thought and response. Without much success apparently ;)

do you know what... i started off as an atheist, and have now moved to ( my final stop) being an agnostic.... but i have to say your last comment is probably the weirdest comment i have seen (even by DIYnot's standards) for many a year !!!!

And i don't mean to sound disrespectful, but not sure whether you're agnostic or an atheist? they're worlds apart my friend.... but more weird, is the "quite excited about expiring" comment.... if you're interesting in finding out if there's nothing after you die.. don't wish it away ffs ! Relaxed about the end when it comes is probably more fitting? Your comment sounded like that of a suicide bomber about to set off on a mission !!!! :eek:

do you know what... i started off as an atheist, and have now moved to ( my final stop) being an agnostic.... but i have to say your last comment is probably the weirdest comment i have seen (even by DIYnot's standards) for many a year !!!!

And i don't mean to sound disrespectful, but not sure whether you're agnostic or an atheist? they're worlds apart my friend.... but more weird, is the "quite excited about expiring" comment.... if you're interesting in finding out if there's nothing after you die.. don't wish it away ffs ! Relaxed about the end when it comes is probably more fitting? Your comment sounded like that of a suicide bomber about to set off on a mission !!!! :eek:

I gues what I'm saying is, I'm an agnostic rapidly leaning towards athism. I don't think they are worlds apart. Devout and atheist are worlds apart. agnostic is somewhere in the middle. No disrespect taken.

Sorry if I shocked you with the later comments, I guess it was my bungled attempt at irony, to draw attention to a situation where you either have blind faith with no objective evidence, or beleive in science.with all of its checks and ballances.
I did read once, I can't recall who , said "The true philosopher should want death."
I Am not a philosopher. I am quite happily sane. ;) Well I think so.

Back