immersion cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the feed/expansion tank for my immersion cylinder keeps overflowing. I have isolated the cold water supply but have noticed the 22mm pipe feeding the cylinder is warm at the base of the tank. Also noticed "swirling" patterns coming from said pipe back into the tank. As the heating system is a gravity one, and uses a coil inside the tank, can I check for coil leaks by simply turning off the pump? or is there anything else that could be causing this?

Sponsored Links
Could well be a leak through the coil, is the F&E for your heating mounted higher up than the cold water storage cistern for your cylinder? Isolate the mains supply to the ball valve for the F&E and see if it drains out (or just tie it up to stop it letting water into the tank if you don't have a seperate isolator for it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back