Immersion heater cylinder has rusty bolt at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Immersion heater which has a problem with the bolt at the bottom which is rusty and showing signs of moisture. Can anyone recommend what I need to do resolve this problem. I think I need a boiler service but am unsure as to whether the service includes the immersion too?

Sponsored Links
I think I need a boiler service but am unsure as to whether the service includes the immersion too?

good look with that one. :eek:

what kind of tank is it open vent or unvented,is it the immersion your refering to as bolt at the bottom.

boiler service has nothing to do with your cylinder. Is immersion heater working ok? if yes, post back when it isn`t. ;)

How long is since the last boiler service?
A bit of moisture usually indicates a bit of a leak; I would want that fixed before it become a lot of a leak, especially in the holiday season.

Sponsored Links
How long is since the last boiler service?

Why?

A bit of moisture usually indicates a bit of a leak;

Really? most cold water service pipes are wet at times, it`s called condensation.

I would want that fixed before it become a lot of a leak, especially in the holiday season

It`s apparently moist. :rolleyes:

I think I need a boiler service but am unsure as to whether the service includes the immersion too?

No it doesn`t. Hope everyone is clear on that and AT THIS POINT......I`M OUT!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back