immersion heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advise, due to problems with my combi boiler i would like to install a back up system for hot water and i thought about an immersion heater. It's something i'd like to tackle myself and i wondered whether or not this is possible? If so could anyone advise on which immersion heater to go for. Or has anyone got an alternative to the immersion heater?

Sponsored Links
If you do have a hot water cylinder you can heat it with one of these. Get ready for when the North Sea gas finally runs out (not long to go)and all the gas is imported from Russia. The price will then rocket.
parkray_004a.jpg

I do not have a hot water cylinder. 2 bedroom bungalow. loft space good.
If thats any help.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
where exactly where you thinking of fitting an immersion heater :?:

he could have an baby unvented cylinder (70litres) fitted in the loft. With immersion fitted.

Unvented aren't a DIY job, so you'll need to get a pro in.

kevplumb said:
never tried this
how would you tie it up to the combi hw supply :?: :?:
could be tricky if you start trying to interlock to prevent combi and unvented supplying water at same time.

I think he'd do better to use the combi to supply the kitchen sink and have the cyl for rest of house. The next invention will be a 'combi' with an immersion heater inside!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back