Immersion heater not working after turning off mains water

Wai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Quick query.

I live in an electrics only flat and recent turned off all the water supplies so that I could change the bathroom and kitchen taps. When I finished I turned all the water back on, but it seems that the immersion heater has stopped working. It worked perfectly before but now there is no hot water coming from the unit. I think the element still works (theres a hiss when i turn it on) but the water coming from it only seems to just slightly warmer than what comes out of the cold taps. Is there something wrong with the water pressure inside the take not driving the convection currents need to make the immersion heater work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It seems likely to me that you managed to drain the water out of the cylinder and forget to turn off the immersion heater.

Without testing or inspection its not certain but most likely that you have mnanaged to burn out the element.

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: Wai
You probably drained the tank to sort the taps then switched on the electrics once more before the tank had time to refill.

• Thanks
Reactions: Wai
Sponsored Links
That probably explains the cause but it does not fix the problem!

It needs the damage to be assessed to see whats happened and then for the problem to be fixed.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back