Immersion heater thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We only have electric in our house and so all our hot water is provided by the immersion heater. The water though is far too hot and so I thought I would have a look at the thermostat on the heater. It was set at 40 degrees but I think the water is more like 90. I moved the temp dial to other settings but there is no clicking at all from the thermostat. I think it is safe to say I need a new one. So, I have removed the old thermostat to see what size I need and here is my question. When I removed the thermostat it was bone dry, should it not be wet (hopefully this is not too silly a question)?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
no it should be dry it gos in a sleeve.
if it went straight into the cylinder the cylinder wouldn't hold water.

ok-wink.gif

the thermostat will sit in a sleeve inside the immersion heater. Theyre pretty readilly available, can probably get them from b&q and the likes. Think they go by length so measure yours and get a new one

not in diy sheds you won't get stats on their own.
if its a top mounted immersion it will be 27" long and the stat will be 18" long

ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back