Immersion Heater Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have a flat with an electric immersion water heater.

My timer is a grasslin evo save timer.
http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...Ka-3tlBB7tC4qYBjVlSk8dpBiDhBffEkIoaAn698P8HAQ

For the past 5 years, everything has ran like clockwork. I pull the pins out to indicate the water to be heated from 3am till 6am everyday.

For the past few days I have noticed that it comes on time.. but it doesnt stop/turn off anymore.

I have tried a different finish time today, and it still didnt stop at the end time.

Obviously, i am having to turn off the timer manually at the moment so the water doesnt stay on heating all day.

I take it its time to change? Is this a common problem with these sorts of timers after 5 years of use.

Sponsored Links
Could be the contacts welding closed so time for a new timer I think. Bit of a pain it lasting only 5 years ( circa 1500 operations )

Easily changed just make sure you isolate the power supply first and follow the instructions shouldnt take you more than 30 mins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back