Immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

What kind of set up is this? Are here two heaters? If so why are they not at the top and bottom of the tank?

I'm trying to fit the solar iboost

Sponsored Links
There is only one immersion heater shown. The box above it is a thermostat to control the temperature when water is being heated by the boiler.

A please may have been nice, but yes mr stem is right one heater only I always thought should have been one further up for when hot water demand was low.Bob

Sponsored Links
I've seen a few where there is only an immersion fitted at the bottom. I guess the normal method of heating the water is by using the boiler and the single immersion is purely fitted as a back up.

Twin heaters are usually used when electricity is the only form of water heating, such that the bottom element is used to heat the whole tank during an 'off peak' tariff and the heater a bit higher up just heats the upper half of the cylinder as a top up if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back