Immersion tank sounds like it's working but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my immersion tank. We've been been getting less and less hot water over the last few days - now we don't have any. The immersion tank sounds like it's working (it makes a kind of hissing sound) but isn't producing any hot water. Any ideas what the problem is?

Sponsored Links
The immersion heater is most likely shot. Specify an "incoloy" version when you have it replaced. The DIY sheds don't carry this type so you'll have to go to somewhere like plumbcenter to get one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced the heating element a year ago, after having a similar problem. The element was completely knackered when we removed it. These things should last longer than a year though shouldn't they? (although it was from B&Q!). I guess I'm going to have to do it again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back