Immersion timer wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an immersion timer that works, but not on the timer setting (if that makes sense).

The immersion will fire no matter the switch position (on, off or timer). But the timer does not work - if the timer is set to 'off' at a specific time, the immersion will still turn on.

I have a picture below of the wiring as was when I moved in, and have attached a picture of the wiring diagram from the instruction manual.

I am just trying to figure out whether it is a simple fix or whether I need to buy a like for like new timer (and can wire it exactly as is), or need to call an electrician in. Any help is appreciated.

PXL_20230724_091627656 (1) (1).jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-24 10.22.35 (2) (1).png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry I thought the link was already in...but yes and add link

Yeah, there is a link already from L to 1 - just hidden in the pic.

I've got it working, thanks.

Lucky I checked this. The cable was stretched to the maximum to reach the timer from the tank. And the earth insulation on the bottom immersion had gone rotten. Off to get some new cable I go.

Yeah, there is a link already from L to 1 - just hidden in the pic.
If the link is in then just go as already said and move the brown wire from 1 to 2. At the moment the timer has been bypassed, maybe because it is broken.

If the link is in then just go as already said and move the brown wire from 1 to 2. At the moment the timer has been bypassed, maybe because it is broken.
I just tried it - the timer works when I moved it across.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back