immersion wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have an immersion to wire tomorrow its a big immersion about 5 ft which has a 4 core flex coming out of it.the problem is its not in a house its in a stable and is being used for hot water for cleaning horses.would i still need an immersion switch ie.bath/sink or would a 20amp double pole switch do.bearing in mind its a 4 core cable.thank you

Sponsored Links
You're asking if a 20A switch will be OK but haven't thought to tell us what the rating of the heater is, which can only mean that you don't realise how important a fact that is.

You're asking if a 2-pole switch will be OK for an appliance which has (possibly) 3 live conductors.

These don't say to me "competent person at work".....

Probably just a dual element one? They have L1, L2, N and E which would account for the four cores.

Would the correct switch not be one of these:-
MKK5208.JPG
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Probably just a dual element one?
Possibly.

Possibly not.

We don't know, so shall we give design advice on the basis of guesswork?

They have L1, L2, N and E which would account for the four cores.
So would a 3-phase one.

So would the use of 4-core flex for a single element 1-phase heater, with one core not used.

Would the correct switch not be one of these:-
MKK5208.JPG
[/img]

I'm thinking Ireland.... horses special enough to get washed in warm water...

Could be some very expensive Belgian stew at risk here....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back