In-box, out-box,items sent etc

S

Shutpa

When using my e-mail service the list of outs,ins,sent etc does not appear on the screen because the e-mails now take up the whole width of the screen. How can I restore these without the silly suggestion of buying a bigger monitor?

Sponsored Links
bolo said:
When using my e-mail service the list of outs,ins,sent etc does not appear on the screen because the e-mails now take up the whole width of the screen. How can I restore these without the silly suggestion of buying a bigger monitor?
If you're using Outlook Express (or windows mail in vista) click the little arrow marked here.
diynot.jpg

Then click pushpin to keep open.
diynot2.jpg

If this isn't your email provider then I ain't got a clue!
2funny.gif

Similar in Thunderbird. It can end up with no inbox/outbox showing at all. If that's the case, move the mouse over the left side of the Window until it turns into a double-headed arrow. When it does, click and hold down the left button and move the mouse to the right.

The grey in-box line is not showing on my computer.

If I use the double arrow on the left margin, everything within the window moves too. On the right margin, only the margin moves - the content is not affected.

Sponsored Links
What e-mail program are you using? In Thunderbird, if the dividing line has become pushed to the left, the left side of the Window border looks thicker where the boxes should be. If you are careful and accurate when clicking the mouse button, it should be possible to grab the dividing line and move it, rather than resizing the whole Window. Try approaching the line slowly from inside the Window until the double-headed arrow appears. Then click, hold and drag.

If it's Outlook Express, go to: 'View > Layout' and make sure the 'Folder List' box is ticked. Click 'Apply'.

Cheers Rider. Using Windows Mail but tried your remedy anyway. No success I'm afraid.

Only 999,999,001 problems to go then Bolok. :cool:

empip said:
Only 999,999,001 problems to go then Bolok. :cool:

True perhaps, but given my age, and I know that you are not very far behind me, it is very unlikely that you will get the chance to exercise your brain on very many of them. But thank you anyway, for your patience, your tolerance and your understanding.

Sponsored Links
Back