Inaccessible Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a faulty bathroom ceiling extractor fan, where the ventilation grill leads into a cavity for the lights and fan, with the fan far away from the grill. I can't seem to remove the ceiling (it's one of those with the spot lights just above the sink, so it's not part of the main ceiling). There are a few screws, but removing them doesn't allow access inside. Ideas?

(Apologies if this has been asked before, did a search on google and this forum but couldn't find anything).

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've got a faulty bathroom ceiling extractor fan, where the ventilation grill leads into a cavity for the lights and fan, with the fan far away from the grill. I can't seem to remove the ceiling (it's one of those with the spot lights just above the sink, so it's not part of the main ceiling). There are a few screws, but removing them doesn't allow access inside. Ideas?

(Apologies if this has been asked before, did a search on google and this forum but couldn't find anything).

How about some pictures. I dodn't think you really want to remove the ceiling, do you?

I mean the fake ceiling that drops about 40cm down from the real ceiling. It only juts out to just short of the width of the basin.

Sponsored Links
You make it sound like everyone has one of these. They dont. Only you.

So if you want any decent advice on how to remove this panel you need to put pictures up or provide better descriptions. What you have might be an off the shelf item, or it might have been custom built, especially if in a flat with central services etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back