Incognito facebook page

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although I believe it is against the rules, I would like to create a facebook page with a "fake" name. I am a council tenant, and would like to create the page for fellow tenants to post their issues. I have already created a FB account with a fake name, but before I do the page, I am keen to make sure that I can not be identified in any way.

I have to be a little careful, as I know some of the councillors, and council employees, well. In fact, one of my employers is a councillor - so could be a bit awkward.

Although I am happy using computers and tech, I do not understand the background stuff.

Thanking you all in anticipation, and any other info would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
No ideas? I am interested in this.

Last edited:
You don’t need to use a fake name , community Facebook pages can be set up with access restricted by yourself to who sees the page and who can join and also post .

I had forgotten about this posting!

Thanks, both. I think using the community pages would show my name to anyone who can see?

Sponsored Links
Just use fake information, facebook has no way of knowing.

I have 2 current FB accounts, neither of them have my real information in. I don't want to be found via facebook posts thank you, ill remain anonymous using a made up name.

As long as it sounds like a real name then your fine, one that sounds unreal is likely to get removed.

Just use fake information, facebook has no way of knowing.

I have 2 current FB accounts, neither of them have my real information in. I don't want to be found via facebook posts thank you, ill remain anonymous using a made up name.

As long as it sounds like a real name then your fine, one that sounds unreal is likely to get removed.
I did that but after some time I kept getting nagged to register a mobile phone number in order to continue useing the site.. did you have to register one?

simfree-stamp3.jpg

https://www.tesco.com/direct/verve-...ou-spend-10-topup.event?icid=payg_trade_slot3

as above, most people have old phones and sim cards. if you have a few pence credit left use that.
I just ignore the register nag screens

Me or the wife don’t do Facebook but there is a Facebook page for our community so we just made up a name and a gmail account with the same details which allowed us to have a peek now and then. We joined the community Facebook page but we’ve never posted on there. Either we’ve never been bothered or haven’t replied to any phone requests but there nothing to stop you getting a PAYG sim for a fiver.

Sponsored Links
Back