Inconsiderate Neighbours

dob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I live in a small semi detached house. My neighbour applied for planning permission to build a big extension (61% increase to original size) to the side of his house (the opposite end of the house attached to mine to form an L shape) which he has self built for 5 very long years working late at night, weekends, bank holidays and sundays. Although I contacted the Planning Council to ask them to endorse the planning consent conditions (ie., no working late and no bank holidays and sundays) he has disputed this saying this working these hours was the DIY bit of his work and not any building work associated with his extension.

I know he hasn't been doing DIY work, he's been building his extension in these hours, but I have no video or photographic evidence, so how do I prove this?

Is this extension subject to a party wall notice too? I know it's not on the Line of Junction wall but would it affect any structure of my house.

Sponsored Links
If it's being done at unreasonable hours, and over a sustained period, you really need to speak with the Environmental Health dept. (or the equivalent) at your local council. Planning won't be interested because the only sanction they have is one of enforcement, which would be risky for them.

Party Wall Act won't apply now because the foundation work has been done - it's not retrospective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back