Increase of ridge height permitted development when fitting insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I swear I've read this somewhere, but can't find any reference in the documentation online. If I want to retro-fit insulation above rafters to form a warm roof, dues permitted development allow me to raise the roof (and therefore ridge) height by 150mm to accommodate that?

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Probably in one of the posts of one of the dubious posters 2 post on here.

Pay the swear box.

Ah right. Maybe it would be worth an application then... Save destroying the inside of a bungalow having to do it from the inside.

Sponsored Links
Closest thing is Class A, section D for householder PD.

"The installation of solid wall insulation constitutes an improvement rather than an enlargement or extension to the dwellinghouse and is not caught by the provisions of d(i) and d(ii)." Think that only relates to cladding and external wall insulation though.

If you are doing internal works resulting in a increased roof height that will be above permitted development tolerances, then you're going to require planning permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back