Increasing pressure to bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gravity fed system and the water pressure to my bathroom is poor - the bath takes an age to fill up.

I've been told I can fit a pump to the hot and cold to increase the pressure, is this true? Which pump should I go for and what pressure ?

Many thanks,
W

Sponsored Links
A electric pump with an inlet and an outlet would suit you best.

You should choose one that provides sufficient pressure for your system.

Tip: for whole-house pumping, choose a brass bodied pump.

Also check your cold water storage is sufficently large enough to feed the cylinder and pump at the same time, those pumps burn water very quickly.......if not fit a bigger one or tandem 2 together

Are the taps you have designed for gravity system water pressures?

Many modern taps are designed with mains pressure hot water systems in mind, so the waterways are too restrictive for a good flow from a gravity system.

Taps designed for gravity systems have wider waterways , and can deliver good flow at low water pressures without resorting to a pump.

Sponsored Links
The sink is ok (ish) it's the bath that's the real problem. Its a largeish whirlpool type. I have some nice chrome taps embedded in the wall which meant I had to use 15mm 2m long flexibile hoses to/from the taps. This i guess it's whats causing the problem.

So would a pump on the cold/hot feeds solve my problem?

If so, what type of pump should I go for? (links?)

What's the max pressure I should go for? (bar?)

No it won't. Your confusing pressure with flow........you need to uprate the bath tap pipework.....sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back