Increasing Water Pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know very much about plumbing etc but I just wondered if there are any solutions to increase water pressure so that a jacuzzi shower will work using all its showerheads in an old victorian house?

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
right! this may seem a simple question and i'm not going to make it a big deal,but heres some good advice. :) the only way to increase poor water pressure is to introduce a booster pump. however :confused: if you have a combi boiler then you have mains water already going to it, which should in turn give u good water pressure. i have worked on some older houses which have good preesure but very bad flow rates. there is a difference in having good pressure and and good flow rate. example. when u turn on more than 1 or 2 outltes or taps the the pressure drops. this could be to a restriction in the main coming mains or a underground leak outside the main building. i have been to some jobs were plumbers previous to myself have cure things like waterhammer by closing the main incoming stopcock down. this can cure water hammer but cut down the the potential flow of water into ur property. on most domestic booster pumps it states the these units should not be connected to the mains water supply. however :) if u have a stoage tank in ur roof space and u only wish to boost the hot and cold water for ur toliet bath and wash basins then yeah ur ok to fit a booster pump. make sure u read the instructions and that the installer understand the installation instructions changes in various manufactors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back