Indesit DIF04 faulty door catch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have an Indesit DIF04 integrated dishwasher that will no longer keep the door shut. I have checked the catch which seems fine. I flicked it into lock mode with knife and dishwasher started so I know it has power to lock. The spring seems in place but the door will not stay shut.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
Is the catch on the cabinet stiff? if its loose it can be working itself out of the lock during the wash.
If its nice and tight, Id suggest getting a new door lock or at the least, cleaning up the contacts on the one you have now.
Always work dead!!!:)

Hi There

The catch does have a bit of give (up and down) but it is not during the wash that the door comes open.
All of a sudden the door just will not close properly, it's as if the lock isn't holding it closed, but the spring in the lock seems strong and in place? It was all fine yesterday, the door stayed shut and normal wash completed, this has just started happening today.

Thanks
Dan

Probably the contacts need cleaning up. If it locks and stays locks, then sometimes doesnt make, it can suggest thaat the contacts are dirty, once contact is made a relay will enegize to keep it locked, theree is a little microswitch on the lock, clean the contacts there see how it goes theen, if not, get a new lock theyre not much, under fifteen pound, that should cure it :)

Sponsored Links
Hi there,
I have the same problem, the door worked fine yesterday, went to close it today and it would not lock. I opened the door and catch looked fine, gave it a push and it clicked over into the locked position. Now the catch won't release and as the catch is tripped over it still won't close.
Did you have any luck with fixing yours? Where is this micro switch?
Any advice appreciated.
Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back