Indesit evolution de43uk blowing fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My diswasher is blowing fuses (well its now on an RCD to try and keep diagnosis costs down).
When I set to the reset programme its fine.
When I set to say programme 3 (25 mins 45 degC) it runs, fills with water then blows the fuse/tripps RCD.
Would I be correct in presuming the heater has fubared?

If so can I open up the underside, disconnect the heater then run it to proove that the heater is at fault or will the dishwasher shutdown as the heater is unplugged?

Sponsored Links
Much better to megger the heater to see if it's down to earth.
If you don't have the tools then you could disconnect it, insulate the wires and try it out.
From your description it does indeed sound like the heater has had it.

Thanks, I think access to a megger isn't going to be feasible so I guess disconnecting the plug and lots of insualting tape would be the order of the day for testing purposes.

At least this way it will determine if the leak is in the heater or not something like a cracked tablet dispenser, but as its happening at around 30 secs or so after starting a programme I would think (from what I would expect how a dishwasher to work) that the water would be too cold to start being used on the tablets.

Ok, brain must have been fogged earlier. I've just read your original post again.
It may be the circulation motor at fault here. If the dishwasher has a base to it it's likely that you've had a leak or spill into the base.
If this has happened then the wash pump motor will be sitting in water and may well be shorting out.
Another common problem with them is the mains filter (capacitor) cracks and can trip the mains.
Sorry, it's going to be process of elimination here. Disconnect the heater and see what happens. If still tripping, reconnect the heater and disconnect the wash motor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

The base plate of the dishwasher is nice and dry. There is some light corrosion from water over time (probably when I've tipped it to get it out from under the work surface).

As you say, I'll work on elimination. I presume that I can do a basic test of resistance on the heater with a multimeter, i.e. if its very low restiance then its probably a bit nadgered :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back