Indesit IDF125 flashing lights

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, I think this is the way to go. I checked the heater element and no resistance at all. I will proceed tomorrow to order it though not sure if it is worth trying to get the 5 year part-warranty from Indesit. I bought this one in 2013 :eek:

Sponsored Links
Yardie I didn't get the multimeter to move at all, I tried within the socket, outside the socket on the metal legs arriving to the socket, I tried at the other side of the legs where they meet the needles coming from the heater. Since it was my first time using a multimeter, I dismounted the drain pump and I got between 30- 40 ohm, not sure if the multimeter is accurate bad just bought it.

Always short probes first just to check leads ok and you get a reading on meter, then do your test.

Yes certainly sounds like the meter is open cct.

Hi Guys,

I wanted to update the progress of this issue. I ordered the heater element from ebay, it costed £43 total price with 1 year warranty. It arrived on 2 days but I only could work today. I dismounted the old one, I cleaned thoroughly the pump and installed the new one. I double checked resistance and old one was dead whereas the new one gave me 36 Ohm.

I turned on the DW and the two buttons were still blinking. I turned off again and started a new cycle, which finished properly. This evening I tested two more cycles with detergent and everything is fully working :D .

Thanks Yardie for all the troubleshooting and rocks for the assertive diagnostic.

Sorry guys just read this thread. My IDF125 has got the drying light and start light flashing and starts to drain even if the door is open (at least it sounds like that). Is it likely I need a new heating element as well? Looked at the handbook but it doesn't indicate what the fault is.

Buy a cheap DMM, under £5, and test the heating element to confirm its faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back