Indesit interlock fault. Or is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a WIL133 washer that seems to have an intermittant interlock - related problem. I changed the switch which seemed to cure the fault, though not straight away. It then worked ok for a week but now the interlock won't lock the door and the door open light keeps flashing. If I force latch the switch the door open LED turns steady. If something else is wrong would it stop the door from locking? There are no fault lights flashing.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Slide the silver pin up on the door handle

The pin was indeed loose, though at the bottom. I pushed it down into position but the lock LED is still flashing.

The start/reset button doesn't have that 'clicky' feel when pushed so I might have a look inside later and see if it's actually making a circuit.

Sponsored Links
After some abuse, the button now works every time so it wasn't the interlock after all. Maybe time to order a new control board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back