Indesit intermittently not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an odd one with my Indesit Washer/Drier.

Found all lights flashing the other day and machine full of water. Opened drain plug, emptied machine. Filter was very clean (machine only just over 1 year old). Tried to run drain program and pump just hummed like it was trying to turn. Tried to turn it manually and the impeller did that quarter turn flick each time, which is normal I understand? Ran the drain program and I could see the impeller spinning.

Works fine for about 5 washes then same again. Humming, manually spin the impeller it works again. The impeller doesn't apppear to have anything wrapped round it.

Any ideas? Is the pump on the way out?

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, Do I need to tip the machine on its side and access it from the bottom? Couldn't see how to get it out from the front.

Ok thanks, Do I need to tip the machine on its side and access it from the bottom? Couldn't see how to get it out from the front.

Sponsored Links
Just tip it back resting on the two back feet and undo kick strip on the front. Then remove two screws that hold the pump on. The just Unclip the two pipes and the red plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back