INDESIT IT50LW WHITE LPG READY COOKER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
need help with above. i am buying the above cooker which says its LPG ready. i am shipping this out of country to ghana so i want to make sure its the right thing. it will be connected to LPG gas cylinder(small size) for the home.

my question is- when it says LPG ready, does it mean it will connect straight to the cylinder without any alterations or do i have to buy other materials to convert it to be able to connect to the cylinder. am assuming all the cylinders have a standard fit which will connect via a tube from cooker to cylinder?

apologies if i have posted this in the wrong forum.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Check very carefully with the suppliers to ensure the cooker is ALREADY converted for LPG. Most here are supplied for nat gas with changeover jets for LPG. Its fairly likely that anyone in Ghana will be able to fit them and sort it out.

Another small problem could be the pipe connection. It will only come with a screwed connector but I expect that can be sorted out in Ghana but it will mean a visit to downtown Accra to get the right bits. What is used there is probably different from what we use here.

Then get in plenty of fou fou and kenke and a bottle of brandy and put on the highlife music and have a party. My favourite song is Adjua Eh!

Dont forget to give a libation for the ancestors when you open the brandy!

You could also visit the Bishop Kanco who is in prison for defrauding the British lady ( who happens to be one of my customers! )

Tony

hi Tony
thanks for the reply and i must say, you must visit in Ghana, one of these days so we can put this cooker to good use ie cooking some fufu or kenkey if you prefare.

appreciate the advice though and very grateful. i will get in touch with the manufacturer to find out if its already converted.

i have posted a picture of the connector at the back here, so hopefully you can tell whether its already converted or not.

if not converted , then i will i will buy the convertion kit and ship the lot over. i assume the convertion kit is all standard and so will fit any cooker manufactured/sold here in the UK?

as you can probably tell, my knowlegde with gas appliances is zero.

are you a regular to Ghana? i will be visiting this summer myself and cant wait..
View media item 45926thanks[img[/img]

Sponsored Links
The inside of the cooker is converted for LPG, either by the suplier or more usually by the installer using the conversion jets supplied. Takes up to an hour.

The connection at the back is adapted locally as required. I am sure a local cooker shop will help you with that.

I have not been to Ghana although there was a Ghana band playing at a wedding I went to in Lagos.

But I must have been to about 30 Ghanian weddings in London, mostly Gar. In one case I went to the wedding of a fellow about 57 to a girl of 23 ! A year later I went to his funeral. He was a twin so all the women had to wear black and white wrappers.

I dont like foufou and the only saving grace of Ghanian food is that its better than Nigerian food and the Ghanians have stolen fine noodles and prawns from the chinese as a must have wedding dish.

Kevinthegas who posts here has been to Ghana many times though.

Tony

many thanks Tony. appreciate your help.

think you should visit Ghana though when you can. am sure you will have lots of fun.

many thanks and keep up the good work you guys do here.very helpful. thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back