Indesit IWDD7143 washing machine not draining water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit IWDD7143 washing machine and dryer combo. It had initially fail to drain water out and water was leaking from the ceased drain pump onto the the floor.
I then opened the pump and cleaned it out, I found a hairpin, and also found some coins in the drain sump. I did not buy this washing machine from new so could have been from previous user.

I replaced the drain pump for a new one of the same type, however it still does not drain. Everytime the machine comes to the cycle it needs to drain it would stop. Even if filled with water and I want it to drain using the drain mode, after 2 mins of nothing happening it may put the F11 error on.
I checked the voltage to the pump and it is getting 152volts AC, I do not know if this is enough, I guess it needs the full 230v AC to spin the pump.

I even opened the PCB module after and found a burnt out varistor TVR07471. I tried to find it online and no where in the UK seems top have them; nearest value I got was Varistor 180 pF 25 A 775 V from RS Online.
I fitted this to the circuit board, but still no cigar.

My last option I guess is to pay £94 for a new PCB module. Does anyone else know any different what would cause the pump not to run.

My PCB code is 215011572.01
S/N 1318404682
SW 16.00.19

Sponsored Links
Pcb is faulty. But we don't do components. Recon pcb from emw in Nottingham will be half the price and it will be programmed as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back