indesit washing machine wont drain

Spin the drum by hand, could be something between drum and housing, do you hear or feel anything.

Do you mean drain pump when you say remove 4 screws?

Best bet is to remove drain pump and drum sump, clean and re-fit. Also checking the connecting pipes are clear from obstruction.

Yes I mean the drain pipe. There is another pipe next to it that is bigger. I don't know what this pipe is. Think the only way to get a proper view is to put the machine on it's back. Sorry can't take photos as camera has decided not to work as well! Geeso no having a good week!
So I am going to remove the 4 screws and see what happens, got to have this sorted very soon

Sponsored Links
4 screws retaining the drain pump, remove screws, make a note of the position of the pump for re-fitting, pump should just pull off, be sure to clean rubber seal as well before refitting.
The smaller pipe goes to the waste and the larger pipe should go up to the bottom (sump) of the drum. It may be prudent to clean this too. Theres a ball float and filter inside.

4 screws retaining the drain pump, remove screws, make a note of the position of the pump for re-fitting, pump should just pull off, be sure to clean rubber seal as well before refitting.
The smaller pipe goes to the waste and the larger pipe should go up to the bottom (sump) of the drum. It may be prudent to clean this too. Theres a ball float and filter inside.

Followed your advice, all sorted Machine working well again.
Thankyou so much for all your help.

Sponsored Links
I can't get my filter out of my washing machine it only turns round so much Im a scared to turn it any more in case I breakbitvcan u help me please

Could it be you have never had it out before so is gunked up or possibly something is jammed preventing it to turn further, hair clips, bra wire or even coins.

Should just unscrew then just pull out?

A little extra force is really the only answer. Do it up and undo it a few timed to see if it begins to move more.

You could turn the whole machine on its side or its back but the danger doing that is water getting onto the electronic boards/wiring. You could try tilting sideways a couple of times.
These suggestions would possibly move the object clear but suspect its just gunked up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back