Indesit IWDE126 - Intermittent power issue / Cuts out mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this issue with my Indesit Washer Dryer (IWDE126). It sometimes cuts out mid cycle and won't turn on, none of the LED's come on when this happens, and it can last hours or days. Right now I haven't used it for some days and it just isn't turning on.

I think it may need the PCB replaced and I have been looking at used parts in order to avoid needing to have the PCB programmed, just wondering if anyone can advise on this issue and how to fix? Also, should I be worried about programming the PCB? (if it comes from a used machine I'm hoping to avoid that step.)

Sponsored Links
I was confused by the model as I have a WIDL126 but I see the difference is yours is the built in variety. Might help when searching for help to try WIDL126 as well :giggle:
Meanwhile about 18 months ago I had a fault similar to yours and it turned out to be a bad connection inside the pcb! I suspect all of these machines suffer similarly as it is a design fault IMOP. To cut a long story short if you have someone capable of repairing pcb's it's a single small via connecting the power supply output to the rest of the board, it simply is not big enough or there should be more of them as it overheats, corrodes and eventually fails open or intermittent. The solution is to pin it! Unfortunately unless you know or are an engineer it's going to cost you a new pcb, (maybe you can try a s/h one). I should add that my led's flashed but not in the error code style just completely randomly and sometimes was dead altogether.

Appreciate the response, I've just ordered a second hand one, cost me about 15 quid so worth the punt to replace and hopefully get a few more years out of this machine.
I was confused by the model as I have a WIDL126 but I see the difference is yours is the built in variety. Might help when searching for help to try WIDL126 as well :giggle:
Meanwhile about 18 months ago I had a fault similar to yours and it turned out to be a bad connection inside the pcb! I suspect all of these machines suffer similarly as it is a design fault IMOP. To cut a long story short if you have someone capable of repairing pcb's it's a single small via connecting the power supply output to the rest of the board, it simply is not big enough or there should be more of them as it overheats, corrodes and eventually fails open or intermittent. The solution is to pin it! Unfortunately unless you know or are an engineer it's going to cost you a new pcb, (maybe you can try a s/h one). I should add that my led's flashed but not in the error code style just completely randomly and sometimes was dead altogether.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back