indesit- Tripping fuses in main fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me?? my indesit washing machine keeps tripping the main fuse box, there appears to be power to washing machine but then it trips the fuse box. There doesn't appear to be any noticable damp parts and there is no sparks when it trips

Sponsored Links
You could start by unplugging a few things ie. Motor / mains supressor and heater it will poss be one of those.

Was the main motor in mine, advised by the local spares shop how to remove it (like an alternator from a car), took it in, and the shopkeep was quite gungho about it, says I'll put it on my testrig in the back, so he disappears...a few moments later, there is a large BANG!!!! and the shop lights go dim, he comes back, looking shaken, and says, in a shaky voice, Yes, it is faulty.

Fortunately, it was something simple within the motor that broke, as it was repairable. The brushes, or a diode or something.

I think the shopkeep's underpants needed replacement after that encounter? :LOL:

Can anyone help me?? my indesit washing machine keeps tripping the main fuse box, there appears to be power to washing machine but then it trips the fuse box. There doesn't appear to be any noticable damp parts and there is no sparks when it trips
having now emptied machine of clothes it appears that it didn't drain or spin, could it be a progamming fault??

Sponsored Links
No not if it's tripping out something gone to earth.

having now emptied machine of clothes it appears that it didn't drain or spin, could it be a progamming fault??

Did you check / repair the main motor as suggested? If required, disconnect the main motor, and run a cycle, and see if it still blows fuse box, then you could diagnose down to faulty doorlock, or broken programmer. Cannot update information, if you don't implement suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back