Indesit W143S - Won't Spin/Start Program?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got an Indesit W143S, which is between 4 & 5 years. Today we put it on for a daily wash, and half way through the dial started clicking around continiously. After trying the program reset (turn off, hold down on button for 10 seconds, until it flashes quickly, turn off again), we tried another program, again it got half way through then the dial started clicking around, we turned it off again, and waited for the door to unlock. When we opened it, we found the water hadn't emptied out. After emptying manually, we took the back and top off, to check for any burned out wires, I did find 1 earth wire that looked like it had snapped off the connector clip, so I replaced it, and put the back/top back on. However when we tried a program again, it now won't even start a program. The red light comes on, and you can hear a hum, which suggests power going through the motor, but it just won't start. The red light stays permenantly on, so there are no error codes. Can anyone suggest a fix? I've read other posts that suggest Indesit will charge upto £150 to come out and fix it, but we can buy a brand new washer for just over £170.

Cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
check the pump for a blockage ie hair clip bra wire etc first .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back