Indesit washer doesn't know its locked...... Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I have an Indesit/Hotpoint WIDL102 waher/drier that doesn't know when it's locked.
The door locks & unlocks ok, but the lock light goes out when you set a program. I changed the lock as I think the washer doesn't know that the door is locked, but the light came on once and then stopped part way through the program and won't start a program again other than to unlck the door.

Ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
No water goes in and won't spin check motor brushes.

The lock light came on when I changed the lock and filled with water before starting the spin cycle, but it stopped part way through and has gone back to the fault of not illuminating the lock light, so I don't think it's the brushes.

So does it lock. Check the slide pin in the door other side of the handle. The long silver pin should go though top and bottom of the lock.

Sponsored Links
It locks fine when you press the reset button to start a program, but then doesn't start the program because the lock light won't come on, meaning that the washer doesn't know it's locked.

I've checked the door latch, but it's a hook type and seems to go in the lock ok as it latches ok.

Check the pcb for burn makes then check the brushes. One of those is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back