Indesit washer-dryer fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit WIDL126 washer dryer, around 4 years old. Recently it hasn't been working properly - it starts to fill with water, stops, starts, stops then goes into drain function, and the red LED door lock light flashes together with the green lights for delay timer and extra rinse. The only way to turn it off when it does this is to switch it off at the wall. Sometimes it does this at the beginning of the wash but sometimes it waits until one of the rinse programs.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Sponsored Links
I have an Indesit WIDL126 washer dryer, around 4 years old. Recently it hasn't been working properly - it starts to fill with water, stops, starts, stops then goes into drain function, and the red LED door lock light flashes together with the green lights for delay timer and extra rinse. The only way to turn it off when it does this is to switch it off at the wall. Sometimes it does this at the beginning of the wash but sometimes it waits until one of the rinse programs.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

No but dot waste time and money on it, dont buy another from them, get a half decent one.

With indesits you normally count the number of flashes (fault code)

they will flash a couple of times then pause then flash again the same number of times

Typically with indesit machines it is a PCB fault though

with a four year old machine if it has had a fair amount of use I would check the motor carbon brushes and pressure chamber (especially if you use liquid detergant) and probably the filter/pump just as they are fairly common faults that can stop a machine and or make it act erratically.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice, decided not to spend any more, I have replaced with a Bosch!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back