Indesit WIDL126 washer/dryer not drying

Looking good. Here is the report of events.

I read in some other post that you'd ask somebody to check whether the spindle was spinning, and realised that mine wasn't. So I split the silver round case of what I think is the fan motor and disassembled it, and found that there was a tiny little 'ring' (washer?) broken, blocking the spinning.

Assembled the whole thing again, eventually found the lost nut (after literally turning the machine on its side) and now... IT WORKS!!! So far, so good, the dryer has been working for many minutes and it has not failed again. Fingers crossed, I'll run a full drying cycle tonight.

Rocks1, MANY THANKS!

Sponsored Links
I take it its still working. Glad it's done , if it goes again you know what to do.

Sorry I didn't post final results. Yes, it's back on its feet working perfectly! I just hope that small washer that had broken is not indispensible! :)
Thanks again, Rocks1!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back