Indesit WIDL126s problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm having an issue with my Indesit WIDL126S washer/dryer.

When I start a standard wash I can hear water entering the machine for about 15 seconds (not the drum), however, once that finishes nothing happens. No flashing lights, the machine doesn't spin but I do hear a feint humming sound.

We are able to put it on just a normal spin though, that works fine.

The other problem I have is when using the dryer function. When I sent the machine to dry it will start up fine, will spin and appear to start drying for about 2 minutes, at which point it stops and I get flashing lights 1,2 and 4. I beleive this is error code F13.

Any ideas as I'm at a loss.

Many thanks,
Dean.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be the water valves. Try to check if the humming noise is coming from one of the electric water valve solenoids at the back of the machine. I think that model was cold fill only if I recall correctly but if it has hot and cold fill, check that both water supplies are working.

It is cold only yes.

I think I have managed to solve the issue with the dryer. I took the top off, opened up the fan and cleaned the blades. This seems to have helped.

Regarding the washing side of things though. I have removed the pressure switch and blown down the pipe and the switch. All seems fine. I have also cleaned out the filter but this hasnt helped.

Water is entering the drum when I start a wash, however, once it has filled up the machine stops doing anything and makes a humming noise.

Sponsored Links
Update:

The washing machine will now take water into the drum and will start a cycle, however it just spins and stops, spins and stops. It doesn't take any powder down, nore does it take the softener (but it never used to take that before it broke).

With the top off I can hear an unusual humming noise from the back left of the machine by the cold water intake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back