Indesit washer dryer not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an Indesit washer dryer model number IWDL 6125 that won't drain. I have checked and cleaned the filter. It does spin if you empty it manually first. When I put water in the drum and try to drain I can here the "hum" of the pump trying to work but nothing happens . Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sounds like faulty pump or foreign body jammed in it. Clip or unscrew the impeller assy. & check the impeller tuns freely

I will try what you suggested tommorrow. Could also check the resistance of the pump?

If coil shot it won't be humming. Check as per jj4091.

Other possibilities seal / impellor could have failed.

Sponsored Links
If it is the impeller can that be fixed or just replace the pump?

Just replace the whole pump assembly, cheaper and easier.

Probably £10 new.

Is it the same as this ebay item?

Thanks for the reply. Your link doesn't work to the eBay item?

Thanks for the links. Second link looks more promising as it's the same model number but a second hand pump. Won't know for sure till I take the pump out tommorrow.

Of course entirely up to you, just showing these for illustration purposes.
Its just the pump you need, not the filter housing.

Hi
I have an Indesit washer dryer model number IWDL 6125 that won't drain. I have checked and cleaned the filter. It does spin if you empty it manually first. When I put water in the drum and try to drain I can here the "hum" of the pump trying to work but nothing happens . Any help appreciated

Ive just had the same problem with my washer.
Ours is connected to the trap under the kitchen sink via a spiggot attachement. took the drain hose off and that was blocked up there.

So is yours working ok after clearing the blockage?

Yes. All working now. It was a hair clip ( not mine) stopping the impellers in the pump from turning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back